It’s Good to be Home…
Here’s what we saw as we pulled back into our driveway after being gone what has seemed like forever…signs wishing us Happy 7th Anniversary as Pastor of Victory Baptist Church. As most can tell, I didn’t post any blogs and very minimal FB posts while we were away. I’ll try to catch up without going into great detail about our trip, sparing you the agony of defeats and highlighting the victories!
- We went to Florida due to my grandfather’s failing health and were able to be there with my grandmother, dad and family prior to his passing which was a blessing.
- I was scheduled to preach at Grace Baptist in PA on the following Sunday and then at their camp during the week, however, en route, amongst other things, the transmission in our vehicle went out, forcing us to make other plans. I’m very thankful the staff at GBC was understanding.
- We then back to FL to spend a few more days with my grandmother and help around her house before taking our scheduled week of vacation.
- Our family then travelled across the state to the gulf side to spend a week scalloping and doing a whole lot of nothing and we were able to do both!
- Sunday a week ago, I had the privilege of preaching for the First Baptist Church of Steinhatchee, FL, pastored by Leon Holden and had a great time and great liberty, as well as some good fellowship with he and his family over a meal at a local restaurant.
- We were not wanting to come home (who is during vacation?), yet were glad to finally get home.
And that takes me up to yesterday’s happenings here at Victory which I will post in another blog. I love my family and was glad to have the opportunity to spend some time with them these last couple of weeks…thank you Victory Baptist Church for understanding the importance of getting away with my family.