Sunday Summary 01.02.2011
We had quite a bit of change in the weather today compared to last Sunday…a good change, especially for church attendance! Honestly, though, when it’s supposed to be cold, I like it cold. Several families were still out and some even traveling today from New Year celebrations, but we had a good attendance for the first Sunday of the year.
I started a new series entitled, “The Unshakable Church” and I believe we’re off to a good start. The “Unshakable Church” is built on Christ, with Compassion, Commitment and Concern. Those are the four main subjects I’ll preach on each week this month. Our text is found in Matt. 16 and primarily in verse 18 “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”
The following are some random thoughts on the day in no particular order of importance:
- We had a new pulpit mic…that was nice…thanks to Mr. Hicks and his work. (Btw, the sound is getting better each week..thanks guys)
- The bulbs in our projectors are about to go…the projections are getting dimmer each week. It will probably be just as cheap to buy new projectors as it would be new bulbs.
- The A/V crew is doing a good job with the outlines/verses…people seem to like following along with my outline.
- Somebody was “johnny on the spot” with getting all the Christmas decorations down…thanks whoever you were…don’t know if it was staff or volunteers.
- Choir and orchestra sounded good today. Carmen Phillips and Michelle Lawrence were both a blessing with special music.
- I pray the congregation could sense the urgency in my messages today…we have a great year ahead of us.
- Mark Smith did a good job presenting the need and purpose of the Pastor’s Prayer Team…I’m so thankful and humbled by the many who are a part of it…if you weren’t here in PM service, contact Mark Smith for more information.
- It was really good to see some “new” people in our Sunday evening service tonight!
- We have a lot of great folks attending our church…I’m honored and grateful for those that God sends our way…
- We had an newly engaged couple join this morning…Mitch McGhee and Brandi Smith…welcome to the family.
- Tyler Payne got saved on Wednesday night, Dec. 29th and made it public tonight
- It was good to meet a couple of newborns this morning…Jude Firkin and Abigail Hope Kelley.
- I love Victory Baptist Church!